Vodafone is recruiting an Android Developer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Vodafone Greece is a member of Vodafone Group Plc, one of the world’s leaders in telecommunications, with a strong presence in the country’s mobile, fixed and internet market.
At Vodafone we recognize that our business success and growth is based on our people.
We seek to attract, develop and retain the talent in HR, to ensure unceasing achievement of business objectives and priorities. Our goal is to be perceived as a team with exceptional abilities.
- Being part of an agile team, Android Developer will contribute in designing and implementing Vodafone’s high volume - high impact mobile apps.
- Collaborate with Vodafone business and product teams to develop Vodafone’s mobile applications.
- Develop new features and user-interface for Vodafone’s mobile apps and maintain existing ones.
- Create robust and scalable high-volume applications and develop prototypes quickly.
- Contribute, as member of an agile team, in the research, analysis, design development and testing of solutions that best suit business and technology strategy.
- Collaborate with solution designers, architects and other developers to produce just enough design.
- Ensure technical integrity and quality control consistency throughout the development life-cycle.
- Implement mobile applications, middle ware and frameworks such as SDK, as well as Senior Developers are involved in the applications’ design and architecture.
- Transform functional requirements to technical user stories and assign business value.
- Liaise with Vodafone’s vendors and technology teams in order to produce solid and state of the art deliverables.
- Unit testing deliverables (user stories) against acceptance tests.
- Help in removing technical impediments raised by team(s).
- Communicate with project teams throughout all project stages.
- Computer Science or Engineering background.
- Mobile Development: At least 3-5 years of experience in native mobile application development. Android (Java/Kotlin).
- At least 2-5 mobile apps launched in Google play store.
- Excellent knowledge of Android SDKs and Android Studio.
- Hands on experience with different Mobile APIs such as: Accelerometer, Camera, Local Storage, Animations, Google Maps, Location Services and Encryption.
- Proven working experience with Google products and services.
- Experience with version control systems (i.e. GitHub, GitLab, etc.) & Gitflow.
- Experience with SQL databases (SQLite) & ORMs such as Core Data & Room.
- Experience with Web Services, XML, JSON, RESTfull and SOAP.
- Knowledge of UI architecture patterns such as MVC, MVP, MVVM, Clean architecture etc.
- Proven track record of integrating and configuring third party libraries and services.
- Good knowledge of the Gradle build tool.
- Experience with automation tools such as Fastlane.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines & proven integration will be considered a plus.
- Unity framework experience will be considered a plus.
- Working experience in agile environments/teams will be highly appreciated.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast moving, multi-project team environment.
- Clear and effective communication skills in English (written and verbal).
- Self-motivated and self-managing with strong interpersonal skills.
- Open source contributing will be considered a plus.
- Fulfilled military services (for male candidates).
- Competitive salary.
- Private Health & Medical Insurance.
- Smart Working – 1-day / week work from home.
- Extra days-off: We love mothers – 4 months extra paid off-period!
- Gym, Sports, Excursion weekends & Special events.
- Restaurant, entertainment areas, hairdresser, etc.
- Needless to say, we cater for your communication wherever you are.
- Come as you are. We love when people feel they can be themselves at work.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.