Faros is recruiting an Accountant, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Faros is a Christian non-profit organization that provides care and humanitarian support to unaccompanied refugee children and youth, as well as refugee families with children in Athens, Greece. In our work, we are committed to professionalism, accountability, and transparency. Faros is supported by individuals, institutional donors, foundations, as well as local and international church communities.
- Main purpose of the job: to support Faros financial administration.
- Reports to Finance Manager.
- Conduct day-to-day accounting tasks and prepare the monthly report collecting and achieving invoices to the local books.
- Issuing monthly invoices.
- Prepare a petty cash file which shows the opening and closing balance for each month.
- Arrange for approval of payments.
- Proceed with the monthly payments under manager supervision.
- Provide assistance to the Finance Manager and bookkeeping functions as requested.
- Administer contracts as requested.
- Communicate with external accounting service.
- University degree from an Institute of Advanced Education or Technical College in Greece or from a School or Institute abroad of Economics, with equal standing and recognised in Greece (relevant exams papers will be requested for short listed candidates).
- Experience from Greek NGO sector.
- Computer literate (excel, word, internet, etc.).
- Experience in tax and social security legislation and bookkeeping.
- Experience in drawing up financial statements, budgets and reports.
- Fluency in Greek and English language.
- Good interpersonal & communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Organizational skills.
- Good memory, discretion.
- Self-starter/able to use own initiative.
- Team worker.
- Ability to retain and maintain confidentiality.
- Relates warmly to people.
- Awareness of own limitations and when to seek help/advice.
- Proactive and enthusiastic.
- Commitment to their own and others’ continuing professional development.
- Send application and CV to email@example.com before 3 November 2018.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit professional references.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter