PeopleCert is recruiting an Academic Associate for Turkish Language Qualifications, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- PeopleCert is a global leader in assessment and certification of professional skills, partnering with multi-national organisations and government bodies for the development & delivery of standardised exams. Delivering exams across 180 countries and in 25 languages over its state-of-the-art assessment technology, PeopleCert enables professionals to boost their careers and realise their life ambitions.
Through flexible & secure exam management systems, PeopleCert offers a suite of services for simple, flexible and secure exams, including online exam booking, multilingual online proctoring, e-certificates and online certificate verification.
- PeopleCert, global leader in assessment and certification of professional skills is seeking for an exceptional and talented individual to join our team as an Academic Associate for Turkish Language Qualifications.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Turkish Language professional to join our Language Assessment Development team and support our Turkish Language exams.
In this interesting and varied Part-time role, you will actively work towards ensuring that the applicable assessment standards are upheld, and that items and papers are fit-for-purpose. Your command of the Turkish language is exceptional and your knowledge of English and/or Greek is at C2 level, as these are the department’s procedural languages. You will need a basic understanding of assessment– perhaps as part of your teaching career – as well as a working knowledge of Certification and Qualification Development.
- To ensure assessment standards are upheld.
- To train and monitor exam staff (interlocutors and markers).
- To provide feedback on the accuracy and appropriateness of items.
- To participate in vetting and editing processes.
- To liaise with LanguageCert’s Turkish partner and ensure the accuracy of communication.
- To work in a team environment and liaise effectively with other teams.
- To carry out any reasonably allocated duties and tasks, relevant to the role and to the scope of activities.
- To adhere to and implement the procedures, policies and work instructions as per PEOPLECERT’s Integrated Management System.
- Exceptional command of the Turkish Language.
- Proficient speaker of Greek/English (level C2).
- Degree in Applied Linguistics/Turkish/Education or similar; a Masters' degree in a related field is highly desirable.
- A teaching qualification or similar.
- Substantial demonstrable experience in teaching, translation or relevant.
- Advanced computer literacy is required. ECDL Advance level certification is desirable.
- Effective people management and development skills gained through previous managerial experience.
- Prioritisation and project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analytical thinking, effective and timely decision-making, problem-solving and change management skills.
- If you are looking for an international, challenging and motivating environment to enhance your career further we would like to hear from you!
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.