SolidarityNow is recruiting a SN/ASC Lawyer Team Leader – Επικεφαλής Δικηγόρων, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- The leader of the ASC lawyers will lead the provision of legal counselling and case management for all walk in or referred beneficiaries, while identifying vulnerabilities to link eligible cases with support and aid available. The lawyers team leader will monitor attendance and performance of the lawyers as well as coordinate the team.
The lawyers team leader will facilitate the implementation of SN protection programme. Reports To: ASC Coordinator – Welfare Services.
- Legal Services Provision.
- Plan, Organize and Supervise the provision of legal consulting/aid.
- Identify cases for strategic litigation.
- Ensure referrals internally and externally.
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid.
- Monitor attendance of other lawyers from the legal team and consolidate attendance sheets.
Data base and Case related info management
- Filling and registering all cases and actions to the database.
- Brief and Full Legal History intake.
- Updating the hard and electronic files per case.
- Maintain hard and electronic files archive updated.
- Perform entries in the data base system as required by the aforementioned tasks.
Networking and collaboration
- Cultivate and maintain an active collaboration link with other Social Services-NGOs and Governmental Actors within the scope of the project.
- Monitor and consolidate information collected from weekly and staff activity reports, case management, supervision records etc.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality reports on activities, indicators and achievements within the established framework (narrative and statistics) to the Solidarity Centre Welfare Coordinator.
- Represent Team in external Meetings and Working Groups as requested by Supervisor.
- Collaborate with appointed persons for cash Support, accommodation, in kind aid or any other additional provision available.
- Collaborate with SN staff for the development of legal funding proposals and the development of strategic partnership and collaborations.
- Work with mobile teams and other SN project teams to provide basic outreach information on legal rights to beneficiaries.
- Perform other duties, related to the basic Job Description as requested by the Supervisor.
- University Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities or Political Sciences.
- Due to the requirements of the position, female candidates are preferred.
- Minimum one-year professional experience in implementing activities for women and girls.
- Good understanding of human rights, Gender equality, Child Marriage, Sexual and Gender based Violence (SGBV) in regular and emergency situations.
- Experience in community mobilization.
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with women and girls of all ages, background and diversity.
- Strong team player, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Good report writing skills.
- Adhere to and promote Child Protection and GBV guiding principles.
The following will be considered as a bonus:
- Good knowledge of criminal and/or family law.
- Field Working Experience.
- Specific Studies or Proven Engagement in Human Rights Projects.
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs and /or supervising legal teams will be considered as a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of French language.
- If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, May 27th 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN/ASC Lawyer Team Leader”.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 1: The job holder does not have contact with children.
- Full Time (morning or evening shift).
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις