Blueground is recruiting a Web Developer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Blueground was founded in April 2013 in Athens, Greece, as a result of our CEO and co-founder's experience as a business consultant and traveler. Currently active in nine markets across the globe - including six cities in the US - Blueground seeks to solve a lot of the hassles Alex experienced first-hand, as both a frequent business traveler and expat. Chief among them: how we can give people a place that feels like home and help them start living from day one.
- We are looking for a talented Athens based or remote Web Developer to join our Marketing team and our mission to offer a world-class experience to our customers. We are a tech enabled company, currently making substantial investments in our marketing technology and online presence. You will be working on our public facing websites & blogs, using some of the latest tech goodies and focusing on great UX, SEO, A/B testing and performance.
Ideally, you have experience with Wordpress and static site generators - as we’re flirting with the idea of building certain things on JAMstack - and you are adept at collaborating with designers and marketers to build beautiful, responsive & accessible websites that feed insightful analytics. Our immediate goal is to build a new blog from scratch, that will drive leads from all our markets (US, EMEA) to our booking website.
- Partner with design in shaping the UI/UX.
- Bring visually-compelling mockups to life using HTML, CSS & JS.
- Create beautiful animations using CSS, SVG & Canvas.
- Make sure our solutions enable for quality and precise analytics.
- Configure Wordpress projects (cloud hosted).
- Experiment and create rapid prototypes.
What to expect
- To work side by side with web designers and SEO analysts.
- To work on performance and analytics.
- To closely collaborate with the product team.
- Tons of chances for being creative.
- Your opinion to matter.
- A geek environment where great design and engineering are truly valued.
- A rapidly growing company that fosters initiative-taking.
- Proven working experience in web programming.
- Desire to create top-notch work.
- Solid understanding of the web ecosystem in 2018.
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS.
- Experience with at least one CMS platform (preferrably Wordpress).
- An eye for good UX.
- Comfortable with Git.
- Excellent communication in English.
- Degree in Computer Science, Web Design or a related subject.
- Bonus: experience using a static site generator (Jekyll, Gatsby, Hugo).
- Bonus: experience with CSS / SVG animations.
- Workstation of your choice.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Dynamic working environment with talented people.
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.