Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Watsan
Technician, to be based in Samos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Supporting the Watsan Supervisor in the implementation, monitoring, maintaining, and trouble-shooting of Water Hygiene Sanitation activities and infrastructure in the project according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population.
- Carrying out tasks directly related to the Watsan activities such as construction and maintenance of infrastructures in the project according to MSF protocols and standards concerning the operation of water supply, waste management and excreta disposal, hygiene and infection control.
- Ensuring the cleaning and maintenance of the Watsan structures and when applicable, of the medical facilities.
- Identifying, recruiting, training and supervising daily labourers or hygiene agents for Watsan activities.
- Informing the Watsan Supervisor of any difficulties, anomalies and problems that may affect the normal functioning of activities and tasks in his/her area of responsibility.
- Assisting the Watsan Supervisor in Watsan data collection and reporting, as well as maintaining updated files and records of assigned project activities.
- Being responsible for equipment, tools, and consumables, verifying that they are safely used and maintained. Reporting to the supervisor any need of renewal and the weekly/monthly consumption.
- Technical certification or proven background, desirable specialization in water and sanitation.
- Previous experience in technical works.
- Good knowledge of English and Greek.
- Previous working experience desirable, with MSF or other NGOs.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3-month contract.
- Please send your CV in English quoting reference code "WATSAN TECHNICIAN" in the subject line of the e-mail at: MSFCH-Chios-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter