Survey Coordinator – TMS (Travel medicine service)
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Survey Coordinator –
TMS (Travel medicine service), to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Within medical operations in the Mission OCG had introduced an innovative effort called Travel Medicine Service since October 2017. Today the service is adapted to the projects of Chios-Samos and Athens through individual and group sessions with people declaring travelling soon. The consultation consists of medical advices, brief guidance and vaccination as to prevent the discontinuation of care along the trip and equip patients with basic information on how to take care on their health, ask and get medical assistance while travelling.
The operational experience in Greece resulted to brief medical guidelines, to a test of different models of implementations and is grounded to more than 3000 consultations.
Today the mission , together with OC Geneva HQ are working on medical innovation and look for a full mapping of services and health risks assessment so as to inform our planning and help a more relevant counselling in TMS (referral network, health risks analysis) and make a digital map of the services and risks available for our first line workers (nurses, doctors and health promoters) and possibly for patients (in a later stage). Within this frame is asked a survey which will gather and present these findings within 2 .5 months as to inform our planning and next steps
- Equip Travel Medicine and Med-Ops Operations with valuable info for planning relevant services and define the content of TMS consultations and referrals.
- Provide benchmark info for the development of Geo MSF Project as to prepare a digital Map of Services and Health Risks visibility for MSF Health Staff to be able to provide more accurate services.
- Mapping :Health Aid Network for people on the move , refugees and migrants in Greece (full) and nearby Countries (basic).
- Point out andbriefly analyse the Health Risks and occurred morbidities in those locations.
- By using key elements able to develop a study should that gather information through existing reports (internal and external), MSF Sources, but also through interviews with selected audience (Medical Coordinators in the Region , health Staff and or key actors) and focus groups or questionnaires with people moving.
- A proposed Survey methodology (including a plan respecting the milestones and deliverables ) is expected by the Survey Coordinator within the first 10 days of his assignment.
- Medical Profile / Medical Anthropology background.
- Demonstrated Experience in migration health services provision in Greece on in the wider region within the last 3 years.
- Advanced knowledge of Health System provision for refugees in Greece and the region.
- Computer literacy.
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out surveys or thematic academic studies.
- Essential: Greek and English; French will be a plus.
- Communication skills.
- Master Degree or any specialization in Health Related field is considered an asset.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 2-2.5 months contract (with possibility of extension for max 1 month).
- Location: Athens.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "Survey Coordinator TMS" in the subject line of the e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter