Supply Chain Manager
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
IRC is recruiting a Supply Chain Manager, to be based
in Mytilene, Greece.
- The International Rescue Committee works in Greece from July 2015 responding and providing aid to the influx of refugees and migrants. The IRC’s programming in Greece currently focuses on three key areas of programming on the Greece mainland and Lesvos: Protection, WASH, and Economic Recovery and Development. The International Rescue Committee and Mercy Corps are the co-leads of the project and provide technological, technical and coordination oversight to the platform.
- The Supply Chain Manager is an integral member of the country management team and reports to the Head of Office. This position is responsible for the management and delivery of effective supply chain, administration, and IT support throughout the country program in compliance with IRC and donor regulations. Key responsibilities include procurement, transport, inventory, asset, IT and administration management.
- Focal point for all Supply Chain activities in country.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Programs, Area Managers, Field Offices and Finance to ensure integrated and harmonized operational systems.
- Collaborate with Senior Finance Manager to ensure that internal controls are met with minimum of bureaucracy.
- Work with Field Office Supply Chain staff and Area Managers / Area Representatives to ensure effectiveness, countrywide uniformity of supply chain structure and implementation of the IRC’s standard operating policies and procedures.
- Familiarize with various donor regulations and ensure compliance with internal and external regulations related to all SC activities.
- Implement job and site specific trainings to ensure that supply chain staff possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities.
- Represent the Supply Chain department in all coordination / SMT meetings.
- Provide direction and support to all field offices as required.
- Coordinate the Supply Chain team with all Area Representatives, the HoO and HR ensuring any new gaps are identified and filled, replacement positions are recruited for and if positions are closed the means to continue to function are found.
- Ensure all new IRC Supply Chain policies, procedures, guidance and SOPs are fully implemented to ensure compliance.
- Work closely with and provide regular feedback to the Regional Supply Chain Deputy Director on all in country SC matters.
- Ensure that Supply Chain policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable IRC and funding source policies, procedures and requirements.
- Establish a reasonable and appropriate lead-time for ordering and delivery of goods, ensuring this lead-time is followed up and achieved.
- Finalize Supply Chain Monthly Report and PRTS for final submission to GSC and country and regional offices.
- Perform international procurement as needed with support of Regional Supply Chain Deputy Director and HQ.
- Ensure appropriate MSA’s and MPA’s are created and maintained.
- Oversee the management of the fleet for IRC Greece. Ensure that vehicles are allocated to program/departments in an efficient manner and in coordination with Area Representatives.
- Maintain and update the Fleet and Fuel policies in line with program and contextual changes in country.
- Ensure that systems are in place to account for transported goods.
- Ensure that Supply Chain Managers prepare monthly reports on Fuel Usage, Mileage and Spares Expenditures by vehicle for review, general reporting and analysis for continuous improvement.
- Make sure warehousing needs are addressed.
- Perform regular checks to ensure that the warehouse tracking system is adhered to by the warehouse officers and perform periodic spot-checks.
- Plan for and supervise quarterly stock inventories and ensure that effective stock keeping system is in place.
- Train warehouse staff as required in managing and documenting the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Finalize monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- Maintain records/authorizations for warehouse staff designated to receive and release goods.
- Ensure all donor reports for stock are completed and submitted to the Grants Department on time and liaise with Grants to process and document all donations.
- Ensure proper tracking of all IRC assets throughout the country.
- Accountable for proper management of the assets released from storage.
- Accountable for proper tracking of assets using Equipment Issue / Receipt forms.
- Define and implement maintenance systems and procedures for assets, including training of staff and follow-up.
- Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted to the Grants Department on time and liaise with Grants to process and document all donations.
- Ensure quarterly physical check of assets and submission of asset reports from the Supply Chain Manager for review.
IT & Administration
- Collaborate closely with Admin and IT to ensure procurement related activities are performed as per IRC Supply Chain policy and are compliant.
- Support the Head of Office and Area Representatives in Admin and IT activities as required.
- Manage the BVA platform as an administrator, including setting up users, grants and all necessary info.
- Attend all meetings with the BVA HQ team and all necessary trainings.
- Ensure all Greece BVA users are properly setup and receive any type of support needed.
- Ensure the BVA platform is maintained properly and in case of problems coordinate with IT helpdesk.
- Budget holder for certain budget lines, as derogated.
- Provide input and final review on proposal budgets in regard to transport, purchasing and logistics at the field and coordination office.
- Check logistical feasibility (including budget aspect) of all major program proposals and provide pro-active logistical support in the execution of the programs.
- Provide inputs to the IRC Greece Operating Budget.
- Accountable for monitoring operational costs, and adherence to budgeted amounts.
- Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff.
- Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled; support the recruitment of all supply chain staff and provide day to day supervision of the supply chain department.
- Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations.
- Ensure that any staff discipline follows a progressive methodology, which provides for clear and structured improvement.
Training & Outreach
- Proactively develop the skills of IRC Greece staff to understand and utilize supply chain tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Work with field staff to identify supply chain needs and ensure that requirements are reflected in budget development.
- Assist supply chain staff in working with program staff towards establishing procurement plans before the start of each grant.
- Travel to provide technical support to field offices.
- Degree or professional certification in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience working with donors including UNHCR, UNICEF, IOM EU, and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
- Two years or more experience managing a large multi-site Supply Chain operation, preferably within an INGO setting.
- Demonstrated excellence in training and capacity-building of specialist and non-specialist staff in Supply Chain Management.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Strong leadership qualities and willingness to exercise initiative.
- Must be able to function effectively in complex work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Previous IRC experience preferred.
- Fluency in Greek and English, both written and spoken.
- Willingness to travel– this position will spend up to 25% of time traveling to other IRC Greece Field Offices.
- Job Title: Supply Chain Manager.
- Employment Category: Regular.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Location: Mytilene, Greece.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.