Software Engineer in Test
Pollfish is recruiting a Software Engineer in Test, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Pollfish is disrupting a $50B Market Research industry and makes consumer market research available to all. With our DIY research tool combined with our proprietary network of 600M consumers, we enable companies of all sizes to connect with and understand real consumers worldwide in a fast, easy and cost-effective way.
We have raised millions from institutional investors and we are helping more than 1,500 clients - from small startups to fortune 10 companies - with their research needs. With offices in NYC and Athens, Pollfish doubled in size the past year. We have a fresh perspective on market research, and our team is passionate about redefining the industry standard of how it is talked about, thought about, and conducted. Join our growing team and help us improve market research, one survey at a time.
- Pollfish lives on the Cloud, and is deployed several times a day using Kubernetes. A reactive microservice architecture underpins the entire platform. The core application is written in Play (Scala), while the vast majority of the supporting services are using the proven Twitter stack, Finatra/Finagle. The front end is written in React/Redux.
Data is constantly on the move at Pollfish. From Apache Kafka, to Postgres, to Apache Druid and Cassandra, to the data-lake. Distributed programming based on Apache Spark, and Apache Flink is leveraged to handle efficiently the immense amounts of data that Pollfish has to process daily. Machine Learning and Artificial intelligence models allow Pollfish to tackle fraud, and improve data quality.
Innovation and technical excellence always need to go hand in hand with software quality and the necessary processes to ensure it. Hence, at Pollfish we always try to write testable code and deliver tests together with every piece of software that we write. We want to empower this dimension of our work and take it to the next level.
- To succeed in this mission, you need to have programming experience in one of the popular ecosystems (e.g. that of Java or Python or Scala) and a test engineer’s mindset. You need to be knowledgeable about HTTP APIs and classic web application testing using proven tools like Selenium. Performance testing and tools like Gatling or JMeter should be at least familiar to you, while fresh approaches to test automation, with regards to micro-services, distributed systems, diverse data stores and containers are highly appreciated. CI/CD should also ring a bell (or two).
You will not be alone in all this; a friendly and highly skilled team of engineers and product owners will be there to assist and help making this happen. So, if this sounds like a thing you want to be part of, and grow it, while at the same time growing yourself, then we have a position for you.
- Stock option plan.
- An attractive salary package.
- Employer sponsored health insurance plan.
- Monthly coupons for personal groceries.
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home.
- Healthy food, snacks and beverages.
- Weekly lunches.
- Workstation hardware of your choice.
- Pleasing and flexible startup environment.
- Part of an innovative tech company.
- Pollfish is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.