Senior System/DevOps Engineer
ANIXE Hellas is recruiting a Senior System/DevOps
Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- We were "born" in 2014 from one of the biggest touristic group of companies, the FTI GROUP, as an initial step of automating the back-end workflow of the travel industry. We started as Project Beagle and seemed more like a project, providing support on existing applications. Through time, though, we created new goals, have grown rapidly and ended up exceeding our own limits. Now, as ANIXE Hellas we have become a fully-functional delivery center combining software engineering, design and support services, building software products that numerous destinations (DMCs) around the globe use.
Our mission is to create a new holistic software product for the travel industry like any other has ever existed before, transforming the B2B travel needs from a fragmented, siloed process to a fully integrated, interactive and intuitive one.
- You will be part of a cross-location Infrastructure team that focuses on our complex infrastructure (100+ physical servers & 500+ VMs), deploying and operating various systems aiming in a high-volume automated environment. You will collaborate on a daily basis both with our co-workers at Wroclaw and Athens, as well as with software engineers providing them with support during the software development life cycle. Our goal is to result in cost-effective infrastructure environments.
We work with Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 and 18.04 & Windows Server from 2008 to 2016, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Build scalable container-based infrastructure to manage high-load systems, contribute to the production-level course of our development teams and maintain some legacy back-office systems.
- Provide direct server support during operations like deployment and general production.
- Analyze production errors to define and create tools focusing on automation for system and application deployment, maintenance and monitoring trying to minimize any manual habit.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with our dev team to streamline code deployment.
- Be involved in monitoring, logging, and alerting in order to ensure our systems and application are up and running, using various automation tools.
- Establish key metrics, making sure that they are recorded frequently while building a proactive environment mindset.
- Follow an infrastructure-as-a-code approach, securing that risk incident would be minimized and isolated while increasing system reliability.
- Collaborating heavily with other team members cross-location, solving problems together.
- Participating in on-calls to troubleshoot critical issues.
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in production-level infrastructure and troubleshooting mainly Linux servers, databases, and web servers.
- Experience with container-orchestration tools like Swarm or Kubernetes.
- Exposure to configuration management and Deployment tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible (we use Ansible) and Terraform.
- Experience with git.
- Solid experience in Virtualization platforms like ESXi.
- Expertise in developing Continuous integration pipelines with tools like Gitlab CI.
- Exposure to Windows servers and databases.
- Ambitious, hardworking and enthusiastic attitude.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Be fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Exposure to Cloud platforms (we use G-Cloud).
- Experience in monitoring tools like ELK, New Relic, Grafana, Zabbix.
- Previous working experience in an Agile environment.
- We'll believe and trust in you and your abilities and teamwork is an unbreakable value for us. You will have the opportunity to work among unique people and create solutions together.
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary for full-time employment.
- Private Health Insurance on our group program with Generali.
- Training according to your needs.
- Open and friendly colleagues in a fun environment (you will also see a dog wandering around acting as our stress relief).
- Relax dress code.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.