Senior DevOps Engineer
Atypon is recruiting a Senior DevOps Engineer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Atypon helps online publishers deliver mission-critical content to practitioners and researchers in every field.
Here at Atypon, we are passionate about technology: not software for software’s sake, but tools that further the pursuit and distribution of knowledge. Atypon develops software that lets publishers manage, market, and monetize any type of content.
Today Atypon has over 200 clients, including some of the world’s largest publishers; several date back to our first years in business. Literatum is home to nearly 100,000 individual publications, 919 publication websites, 45% of the world’s peer-reviewed English-language research journals—and publications in over a dozen other languages. The platform logs more than 3 billion user sessions annually.
- We are looking for a passionate, experienced DevOps professional, who is willing to work in a multicultural environment to develop mission-critical applications for international publishers. Joining the Athens-based engineering department, you will work closely with the local DevOps team and collaborate with others distributed around the globe, to create DevOps-aligned software and solutions. Ideal candidate is a self-reliant person with passion for technology, coupled with insightful skills and breakthrough ideas.
- Automating complex deployments and enhancing existing code and process.
- Scaling our services for a large number of clients of varying size.
- Automating the operational and monitoring aspects of large-scale distributed systems.
- Building, improving Continuous Integration pipelines.
- Integrating monitoring systems as part of the deployment.
- Managing and expand our existing Dockerized services.
- Migrating legacy architecture and deployment pipelines to Kubernetes.
- Evaluating and introducing new tools.
- You will be working with technologies that include Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Solr, ELK, Kafka, Redis, Docker and Kubernetes.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar faculties.
- 4+ years of working experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience with deploying and monitoring systems in production.
- Knowledge and understanding of web applications.
- Experience in Unix/Linux system administration skills.
- Experience with source control tools (git/svn).
- Experience with build tools (Maven, Gradle) and Jenkins.
- Experience using at least one dynamic scripting language (Python, Groovy, Bash).
- Experience using configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, Chef).
- Experience with containerized virtualization (Docker, LXC).
- Experience with AWS/EC2, Google Compute or Azure clouds.
- Experience with Schedulers / Orchestration systems such as Kubernetes / OpenShift / RunDeck.
- Exposure to Solr, Elasticsearch.
- Exposure to messaging infrastructure (Kafka, ActiveMQ).
- Exposure to ELK stack (Logstash, Kibana).
- Demonstrated knowledge of SaaS, IaaS.
- Expertise in the Java Development area will be further appreciated.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fun environment working in a dynamic team.
- Performance evaluation based on merit.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.