Emergency Response Center International (ERCI)
- EMERGENCY RESPONSE CENTER INTERNATIONAL (ERCI)is a Greek nonprofit organization that provides emergency response and humanitarian aid in times of crisis. ERCI’s philosophy is to identify the gaps of humanitarian aid and step in to assist in the most efficient and impactful manner. Currently ERCI has 4 active programs working with refugees in Greece in the areas of Search and Rescue, Medical, Education and Refugee Camp Coordination.
Emergency Response Center International (ERCI) is recruiting a Medical Coordinator, to be based in Lesvos, Greece.
- Emergency Response Center International (ERCI) is a Greek non-profit organization that provides emergency response and humanitarian aid in life threatening environments.
ERCI’s activities are expanding both in Search & Rescue (SAR)- Refugee Response and educational projects to support youth in refugee camps.
- The Medical Coordinator guarantees that the medical activities implemented through the ERCImed program are in line with ERCI’s strategy, policies and principles. He / she is responsible for every medical aspect of the Program and daily operations of ERCImed’s clinics in the field.
- Leads all medical aspects of the ERCImed program.
- Develops and supervises the policies and SOPs of the ERCImed program.
- Supervises the implementation of ERCImed’s strategy and activities in Lesvos.
- Coordinates and supervises the operations of ERCI’s clinics.
- Represents ERCI in Medical sector meetings.
- Ensures capacity building and training of all medical and non-medical team to improve efficiency.
- Participates in the development of strategy for ERCI’s medical activities.
- Co-operates with the administration team regarding budgeting of medical activities and with the financial team regarding purchasing and dispatching of medical equipment and drugs.
- Serves as the focal person for the medical referents.
- Provides technical advice to the medical team concerning health activities implementation.
- Assesses training needs of medical team (staff and volunteers) and develops / implements a capacity-building plan.
- Identifies the needs of the programme medical staff, drafts their job profiles and validates recruitments from a technical point of view.
- Takes part in performance evaluations of the medical team.
- Ensures the supervision of the pharmacy (consumptions, orders and inventory).
- Ensures coordination and liaising with other medical actors, local hospital, and Municipality.
- In charge of drafting medical references.
- Medical Doctor or Nurse or Midwife with experience in Public health and/or project coordination.
- Significant experience in similar positions (or) in the humanitarian sector.
- Working experience in public health and in managing health welfare in communities.
- Knowledge, competency and skills on public health aspects of Primary Health Care.
- Experience in supervising Health Promotion activities and some basic mental health activities.
- Experience in working with local authorities, partners.
- Written and oral fluency in Greek and English.
- Ability to take quick decisions according to the context in coordination with the team.
- Ability to manage a team and work in an international team.
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives.
- Organizational skills.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities.
- Team spirit.
- Capacity to work in tense conditions.
- Potential candidates are requested to send their CV and cover letter in English to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject «Medical Coordinator».
- Indicate the source of the job vacacny in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Send your Documentation via email to email@example.com, with subject "Medical Coordinator".