Machine Learning / AI / Big Data Engineer
Atypon is recruiting a Machine Learning / AI / Big Data Engineer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Atypon helps online publishers deliver mission-critical content to practitioners and researchers in every field.
Here at Atypon, we are passionate about technology: not software for software’s sake, but tools that further the pursuit and distribution of knowledge. Atypon develops software that lets publishers manage, market, and monetize any type of content.
Today Atypon has over 200 clients, including some of the world’s largest publishers; several date back to our first years in business. Literatum is home to nearly 100,000 individual publications, 919 publication websites, 45% of the world’s peer-reviewed English-language research journals—and publications in over a dozen other languages. The platform logs more than 3 billion user sessions annually.
- We are looking for talented, experienced and self-directed Machine Learning / AI / Big Data engineers to expand our AI R&D team in the areas of:
- Natural Language Processing.
- Machine Learning Engineering including Deep Learning.
- Knowledge Extraction & Representation.
- Search & Recommendation.
- Senior-level ML engineers preferred but all levels may apply.
- You will engage on different projects that are critical to Atypon's next-generation of products.
- You will work alongside machine learning researchers to design, develop, and deploy algorithms, systems and data pipelines that process and analyze content and data for AI-powered text mining, information retrieval, similarity analysis, and recommendation services.
- You will build high-performance services on top of Big Data management technologies, such as NoSQL back-ends and Lucene-based search engines like Solr and Elastic Search, and you will work on distributed processing and data streaming platforms such as Apache Spark and KAFKA.
- You must possess experience on working with large datasets and a firm understanding of the core Big Data algorithms and problems.
- This is an exciting and challenging role where you will not only have the opportunity to collaborate with worldwide reputable research labs, but also work across a wide portfolio of products and have impact on them. Atypon hosts almost 50% of the English-language Science, Technical, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) publications in the world. As a result, we can get our hands on plenty of data, use cases and combined with ample computing infrastructure our ML engineers can explore new ideas and develop novel solutions to help global researchers and publishers know more, do more and achieve more.
- Deep understanding in most of the following areas: text analysis, natural language processing (NLP) / understanding (NLU), deep learning, information retrieval, collaborative filtering and/or content-based recommendation.
- Experience in developing and deploying machine learning services and solutions as part of a production system.
- Strong development skills in Python or Java implementing production machine learning systems at scale.
- Familiar with frameworks such as Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, Gensim, WEKA, OpenNLP, etc.
- Proven ability to train, tune and evaluate ML models.
- Experience with (big) data engineering technologies and best practices.
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively.
- Fluency in English written and oral.
- PhD with at least 2 years, or MSc with at least 3 years relevant commercial experience.
- Hands-on experience with big data, large-scale ML, distributed processing and data streaming frameworks (e.g. Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Angel parameter server, Elasticsearch, Apache Solr, MongoDB, CouchBase, Neo4J etc).
- Experience in developing and deployment of large-scale commercial systems related to information retrieval, text mining, natural language processing or recommendation.
- Familiar with cloud technologies, such as AWS, Google AI Cloud, etc.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to grow in a fast moving and dynamic organization with like-minded colleagues.
- Flexible working hours.
- Regular performance evaluations based on merit.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.