IT Specialist – Middleware and Platforms
IBM is recruiting an IT Specialist – Middleware and Platforms,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. IBM is a leader in the global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career or further your career.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) consultants can help your organization fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent your operations for great efficiency and transform your entire enterprise through cognitive. Take advantage of IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise today.
- The IT Specialist role Middleware and Platforms, should have key knowledge on Application servers (preferred Red Basic/medium expertise in one or more relational and non-relational data management-based software products, such as MS SQL, DB2 or Oracle would be desirable. Knowledge on IBM MQ middleware is highly desirable. Linux skills would be a very good surplus on above qualifications
- Setup and configure the above products.
- Troubleshoot issues and be able to handle problem resolving.
- Setup ODBC/JDBC connection with databases.
- Has basic network knowledge to troubleshoot connections between DBs and Application Servers.
- Apply their technical skills to support the operation and maintenance of the above products, services, and solutions.
- Be able to size solutions bases on the above products.
- Be able to setup backup needs of the above solutions.
- Perform health check and analyze logs for issues.
- Analyze and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Be able to open tracing/auditing and co-operate with Labs for issues.
- IT specialist will deliver IBM’s technical solutions by on-site or remote connection services.
- Key knowledge on Application servers, preferred Red Basic/medium expertise in one or more relational and non-relational data management-based software products, such as MS SQL, DB2 or Oracle.
- Knowledge on IBM MQ middleware is highly desirable.
- Linux skills would be a very good surplus on above qualifications.
- Proven ability to add positive value to consultative multi-skilled teams consisting of customers and third parties.
- Understand and analyze technical issues raised by client’s end, and provide technical service such as trouble shooting.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Regular contract.
- IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.