IP Operations Engineer
WIND is recruiting a IP Operations Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- In WIND we are committed to becoming an outstanding independent telecommunications company in the European market, delivering unique value for money services to our customers. Our ambitious commitment mobilizes us to keep evolving, to seek out new challenges and to change, without fear, in a creative and empowering environment! All these elements create a high performance culture, characterized by the passion, talent and competencies of our employees.
- In WIND, we believe in a world of connection, interaction and sharing!
Our passion is that people enrich their lives with all that communications technology makes possible.
We want our Customers to focus only on expressing themselves, while we take care of the technology that enables them.
So, if you want to take part in changing how people experience their lives, WIND is the right place to be.
Start today, as an IP Operations Engineer and drive our growth and our customers’ experience, by analyzing data and putting forward business proposals.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance activities ensuring through them the effective operation of IP Core & Access Network.
- Implement changes/ upgrades through change management process in IP network elements, ensuring minimal risks regarding the service to the customer.
- Participate in projects related with IP network elements and services.
- Participate in Audit, PoC & Testing procedures.
- Provide technical assistance related to the detection, identification and resolution of faults of the IP network.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve/ escalate problems concerning customer complains.
- Create and maintain documentation for day-to-day operation and maintenance activities.
- Co-ordinate with Vendors the proper handling of TRs (Trouble Reports) within SLAs, for any problem occurs on IP Network systems.
- Engineer in the role will participate in standby scheme providing 2nd level support to relevant systems/platforms in 24x7 basis. Ensure the continuity of systems’ operations in case of emergency incidents, provide accurate and on time resolution, with contribution of vendor as appropriate and readiness to intervene on site for s/w and h/w problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline.
- Master’s degree in one of the above fields will be considered an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position - preferably in a service provider/ operator or vendor.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco and Juniper Router, Switch & BRAS hardware is essential.
- Strong understanding of the following technologies: IP Protocols (ICMP, UDP, TCP); Firewalling; Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS); STP/MST/MSTAG, Quality of Service; MPLS, VPLS, ME, DSL.
- Holding an Industry recognized vendor qualification in any of the following: Cisco/Juniper/CCNP, CCIE, JNCIA, JNCIE, JNCIP, will be considered a strong asset.
- Ability to analyse problems and conduct effective fault diagnosis and system recovery.
- Be compliant with information security requirements.
- Excellent use and command of the Greek and English language (both verbal and written).
- Professional approach to responsibilities – ability to take ownership.
- Positive attitude with friendly and professional demeanour driven by team spirit.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.