Full-Stack Software Engineer
Signal is recruiting a Full-Stack Software Engineer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
We are shaping the future of Commercial Shipping. Join us!
- Signal’s Software Engineers work closely with data science, design, product, and business analysis professionals to develop robust solutions to the highly entrepreneurial domain of shipping.
If you are interested in working at the intersection of software engineering, artificial intelligence/machine learning, and advanced business analytics and if you have the skills and drive to create and improve technology products that professionals love, then we would love to hear from you.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s university degree in Computer Science, related technical field or exceptional practical experience.
- 3+ years of working experience in full-stack development.
- Strong experience in ReactJS. Good knowledge of Typescript and MobX is also welcomed.
- Demonstrable Microsoft C#/.NET development skills. Experience with .NET Core and additional programming languages (e.g.: Python) is welcome.
- Knowledge and an active interest in Design Patterns and SOLID architecture principles.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (design, administration, tuning) and with ORM frameworks e.g. Entity Framework, Dapper, etc.
- Experience with testing and mocking frameworks.
- Familiarity with microservices and REST APIs.
- Involvement with cloud computing technologies and familiarity with how to configure and tune web stack in the cloud.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and aggressive delivery timelines; Agile development experience and DevOps interest (including tools like Visual Studio, Git, TeamCity, SCRUM/Agile tools) is welcome.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (company’s working language).
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% performance bonus/incentive (depending on seniority).
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan.
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well-equipped work environment.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.