Pollfish is recruiting a Front-End Engineer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Pollfish is disrupting a $50B Market Research industry and makes consumer market research available to all. With our DIY research tool combined with our proprietary network of 600M consumers, we enable companies of all sizes to connect with and understand real consumers worldwide in a fast, easy and cost-effective way.
We have raised millions from institutional investors and we are helping more than 1,500 clients - from small startups to fortune 10 companies - with their research needs. With offices in NYC and Athens, Pollfish doubled in size the past year. We have a fresh perspective on market research, and our team is passionate about redefining the industry standard of how it is talked about, thought about, and conducted. Join our growing team and help us improve market research, one survey at a time.
- Pollfish lives on the Cloud, and is deployed several times a day using Kubernetes. A reactive microservice architecture underpins the entire platform. The core backend application is written in Play (Scala), while the vast majority of the supporting services are using the Twitter stack.All new front end projects are using a React/Redux/Sagas stack, while older ones consist of an Angular (1.4) and a JQuery project that we plan to migrate in the future. Module bundling is handled by webpack, allowing us to optimise, minimise and deploy our static assets using Docker without much hassle.
Testing our React SPAs is handled using Jest/Enzyme for unit tests and the react-testing-library for user testing to ensure our user experience remains consistent. Pollfish's survey respondents tend to be in the millions per month therefore we have also written some e2e tests in Cypress, to ensure everything goes smoothly without disrupting any of them.There is a tight loop of communication with the design team, discussing, planning and executing feature requests as they come. Using our own styleguide that we are still developing and learning from has been a great challenge. All designs are being exported into Abstract or Zeplin for easier use and manipulation while coding.
- Stock option plan.
- An attractive salary package.
- Employer sponsored health insurance plan.
- Monthly coupons for personal groceries.
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home.
- Healthy food, snacks and beverages.
- Weekly lunches.
- Workstation hardware of your choice.
- Pleasing and flexible startup environment.
- Part of an innovative tech company.
- Pollfish is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.