Female Friendly Space Facilitator
SolidarityNow is recruiting a Female Friendly Space Facilitator,
to be based in Vagiochori, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- The Female Friendly Space Facilitator acts as the coordinator of the space for women and girls. She facilitates access and ensures overall smooth functioning of the space; she conducts tailored psychosocial activities, identifies protection needs and works with other team members in providing support (including counseling and referrals); she encourages the participation of women and girls in group and individual activities (including awareness-raising on SGBV issues, among other themes, and skills-building sessions), so as to facilitate their overall integration and wellbeing in Greece.
- Maintains a comfortable and safe environment where women and girls can participate in psychosocial activities and receive appropriate support, while also including toddlers with their mothers in the services provided.
- Prepares and implements structured activities for women, girls and mother-child, including the design of weekly schedules and timetables, through a participatory approach, tailored to their needs, skills and cultural diversities.
- Identifies protection and other support needs and refers them to respective colleagues or/and other service providers.
- In coordination with the team’s social scientists, assists in case management and provision of psychosocial support to vulnerable women and girls.
- Carries out awareness raising sessions focusing on gender issues/GBV, Health/Hygiene, Nutrition, Livelihoods, Skills-building etc. Other group activities may include informal trainings, counselling, discussions, information-sharing, art therapy, playtime etc.
- Carries out community mobilization around the FFS by disseminating clear messages on its role and objectives.
- Liaises with other service providers onsite and follows referral pathways, upon consent of the beneficiaries.
- Keeps accurate attendance records and reports in a timely manner, following respective deadlines and procedures.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, pending on setting.
- University Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities or Political Sciences.
- Due to the requirements of the position, female candidates are preferred.
- Minimum one-year professional experience in implementing activities for women and girls.
- Good understanding of human rights, gender equality, child-marriage, sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) in regular and emergency situations.
- Experience in community mobilization.
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with women and girls of all ages, background and diversity.
- Strong team player and able to handle pressure well.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Fluency in Greek and English required.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, and Word business software.
- Good report writing skills.
- Adhere to and promote GBV guiding principles.
- Possess empowering imagination!
- Experience in case management procedures.
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s empowerment and protection through previous assignments (volunteer or paid) in women’s groups, or other relevant experience.
- Field working experience in camps/temporary settlements of refugee/migrant population.
- Engagement in refugee focused projects.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Status: Full Time.
- If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the subject line of the email “SN FFS Facilitator_Vagiochori”, not later than by Sunday, September 01st 2019.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter