Farsi & French / Cultural Mediator
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Farsi & French /
Cultural Mediator, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Support MSF medical staff to ensure the provision of high quality medical services.
- Assure the translation between the medical doctor and the patient in his/her mother tongue.
- Assure that the translation is adequate, neutral, accurate and understandable to all involved parties.
- Support all the medical activities as well as health promotion activities when needed.
- Accompany beneficiaries to health and social care facilities as needed to facilitate interpretation and service provision.
- Ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy.
- Valid residence and work permit for Greece essential.
- Training in interpretation or intercultural mediation an asset.
- Fluent knowledge of Farsi, French and English or Greek.
- Experience with MSF or other NGOs desirable.
- Teamwork, intercultural sensitivity, flexibility are essential.
- Computer literacy an asset.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations and victims of torture an asset.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3 month contract (high possibility of indefinite extension).
- Location: Athens.
- Please send your CV in English quoting reference code “Farsi-French / CM Athens" in the subject line of the e-mail at: MSFCH-Athens-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter