Equine Veterinary Graduate Program
OPAP is recruiting for the Equine Veterinary Graduate Program,
based in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- Hellas Horse Races SA, member of OPAP Group (a leading gaming company) and part of the “Markopoulo Park” (a long-term development plan of horseracing activity), operates the only private Equine Veterinary Clinic (EVC) in Greece which continuously strives to a higher standard of care. In the last years, great improvements have been made in the structure of its organization, daily operation, equipment and facilities. The main purpose of the Equine Veterinary Graduate Program - Ride High! is to share our knowledge and passion to the next generation of equine veterinarians, providing them with hands on experience and the chance to “Get in the Game” in OPAP’s award-winning workplace, sharing our core values (Fun, Dynamic, Passionate, Fair)! Great initiative of this program is its research blueprint, actively contributing to the scientific community, aiming to develop young professionals and cultivate a mentality of excellence!
- Assist in clinical examinations, lameness evaluations, radiography, ultrasonography, endoscopy, surgery and anesthesia.
- Participate in the Veterinary Emergency Response Team during race meetings and track work.
- Participate in all emergency and critical care cases.
- Conduct research on a preferred equine veterinary topic, so as to present a research paper at the end of the Program.
- Support the EVC Team’s daily operations (patient record keeping, equipment and stock maintenance, inventory, etc).
- One in two Rota.
- Monitor all inpatients administration of medication, as well as their patient charts.
- A degree from a recognized Veterinary University.
- A recent graduate (up to 5 years).
- Experience with horses is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Greek and English.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Reliability and professionalism with clear thinking.
- High learning ability and continuous improvement mindset.
- Team player spirit and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to response on emergency cases anytime.
- Duration: 12 month, Full Time.
- Location: Horseraces SA Equine Veterinary Clinic, Markopoulos-Mesogaias.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.