SolidarityNow is recruiting an Education Specialist,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- The Education Specialist is a member of the core team of the project and serves as a point of contact for the educators in all locations across Greece, as well as coordinating with other project partners. He/She plans and coordinates the relevant educational material for the adult beneficiaries/students and ensures that the educational material and curriculum follow the donor instructions and meet the project’s targets. He/She develops curricula, prepares relevant presentations and materials, organizes, delivers and/or facilitates classes, workshops, seminars and other training services for our educators in all locations where the project is implemented nationwide. He/she prepares relevant progress and other reports, papers and material as required by the project.
- Plans, coordinates and designs curricula for the integration educational project; researches and defines educational goals, objectives, and methodologies to meet program goals.
- Provides guidance, training and capacity building to the teams of SN educators, and partners across Greece.
- Determines formats and approaches to achieve the educational project objectives; defines needs of target population; researches trends at the national and state level, as appropriate to the position.
- Oversees educational activities, to meet the requirements of the donor and the project’s targets, including provision of language courses, cultural orientation and life skills to adult refugee beneficiaries.
- Monitors the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators, in collaboration with Project Coordinator, Educators and M&E officer.
- Technical supervision of a minimum of 4 field teams in 3 locations across Greece; Regular travel is required.
- As appropriate to the nature and objectives of the individual role, provides student advisory and support services, coordinates curriculum, and serves as a student liaison and advocate with faculty and staff.
- Participates in educational working groups, meetings with donor and other stakeholders, such as the Ministry of Education.
- Participates in the development and/or revision of the project proposal; prepares reports and papers as appropriate.
- Participates in the development of educational materials, training manuals, newsletters, etc., as appropriate to the project.
- Performing any other tasks related to the implementation of the educational aspect of project as requested and requested by the Project Coordinator.
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution in Education, with a specialization in Adult education.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in relevant position.
- Previous experience in working with migrant/refugee population.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in Greek and English. Knowledge of Arabic/Farsi will be highly appreciated.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of the educational environment in Greece. Institutional donors’ regulations and requirements will be appreciated.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word business software.
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility.
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work under a distance-management scheme.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and able to motivate others.
- Understanding the socio-economic hardship aspects faced by the target beneficiaries, demonstrating high cultural sensitivity.
- Status: Full Time.
- Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 The job holder will have regular contact with children.
- If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Education Specialist”.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter