Digital Product Designer
Signal is recruiting a Digital Product Designer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
We are shaping the future of Commercial Shipping. Join us!
- We are currently looking for a Product Designer to join the team. The ideal candidate will have a strong design background, an eye for simple, intuitive and elegant design and solid UX skills with experience building real products for the web and mobile. In this role, you will be responsible for designing new features and/or products that bring great value to the shipping industry.
- Understand the user and the desired user flows.
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges that satisfy user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
- Create highly-polished visual components using interaction design whilst following style and brand guidelines.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management & engineering, to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Respect, maintain and enrich our Design System.
- 3+ years of experience designing products that people love.
- A proven track record of user interface design, across a number of products that have been used by different demographics.
- Proficient in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with prototyping tools and taking a product from the idea stage through to launch and beyond.
- Ability to understand product mission and value proposition and to use user research and using analytics to design simple and relevant interfaces that delight the targeted personas.
- Strong knowledge of current UX best practices, including user research and accessibility across mobile and web.
- Have an online portfolio or PDF to share with us.
- Be a great communicator.
- Understanding mobile best practices and different OS requirements.
- Experience in B2B products.
- Be able to bring your prototypes and ideas to life through animations.
- Understanding how traditional design principles work and be able to apply them in your work.
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% bonus (depending on seniority).
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well-equipped work environment.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.