PeopleCert is recruiting a Database Administrator, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- PeopleCert is a global leader in assessment and certification of professional skills, partnering with multi-national organisations and government bodies for the development & delivery of standardised exams. Delivering exams across 180 countries and in 25 languages over its state-of-the-art assessment technology, PeopleCert enables professionals to boost their careers and realise their life ambitions.
Through flexible & secure exam management systems, PeopleCert offers a suite of services for simple, flexible and secure exams, including online exam booking, multilingual online proctoring, e-certificates and online certificate verification.
- PeopleCert, global leader in exam delivery and certification of professionals, with more than 130 new hires within 2017, is looking for a Database Administrator.
We are seeking for a talented software engineer who will be responsible for administering databases related with the project life cycles of Peoplecert applications.
You will contribute to systems and application designs, project estimates, systems performance and optimisation, ensure the quality and timeliness of the deliverables adhering to organizational processes & standards. The ideal candidate will also need to be able to establish efficient technical review, deployment, and support processes.
- University Degree in Informatics Technology or relevant field, Postgraduate Degree will be considered a plus.
- 5+ years working as a database engineer or a related role.
- MS SQL server administration experience (MS SQL Server 2008 and above) such as users, permissions, backups, recovery, maintenance, optimization, monitoring.
- Database tuning experience. Help us make our database faster by running diagnostics and doing query optimization and other performance tuning.
- Strong SQL expertise. You can write a query to do almost anything.
- Ability to create SQL reports.
- Ability to work in an Agile environment. You can address bugs with QA, plan schemas with engineering and respond quickly to other business needs.
- Knowledge and know-how to troubleshoot potential issues, and experience with best practices around database operations.
- ETL experience is a plus.
- Good knowledge of ASP.NET, C# .Net 3.5 and above.
- Good understanding of OOP. Knowledge of frameworks and design patters will be highly appreciated.
- PeopleCert regrets that due to the large volume of applications received, we will only consider those who solely correspond to job requirements as listed above.
- All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.