Commercial Shipping Trainee
Thenamaris Inc. is recruiting a Commercial Shipping
Trainee, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Thenamaris (Ships Management) Inc. is a global ship manager of high specification modern ocean-going vessels and provides its services as agents only.
The fleet under management currently comprises 72 vessels: oil tankers carrying crude oil and oil products such as gasoline and diesel oil; bulk carriers which transport dry bulk cargoes such as grain, coal and iron ore; and containerships.
Thenamaris LNG Inc. manages three 160,000 cbm LNG carriers and one 38,000 cbm LPG carrier.
We operate, maintain, crew and trade our principals’ vessels worldwide, in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
We ensure consistently high standards throughout our integrated ship management services, covering the commercial, technical, safety and quality, and crewing aspects of managing a diversified portfolio of vessels.
- Thenamaris invites high caliber individuals to apply for our Commercial Shipping Trainee Program. As a Commercial Shipping Trainee at Thenamaris, you will experience the daily challenges of our commercial departments, learn from highly competent individuals, and undertake assignments with clear personal responsibility during our Commercial Shipping Trainee Program.
Through the Program you will learn about general shipping practices with a focus on chartering and the operations of tanker and dry vessels. You will acquire knowledge of the commercial value chain of activities, from charter-party negotiations and vessel screening to freight collection and voyage execution.
- As a Commercial Shipping Trainee, you will be assigned roles and responsibilities, rotating to various positions within the Chartering department and the Operations department, including the Bunkering, Disbursements and Freight sections of the Operations department. You will be supported by dedicated coaches throughout the Program. The company culture values open dialogue and regular feedback, which should support you to learn and develop from experienced shipping professionals.
After your ~2 year period of on-the-job training in a variety of roles, you should be ready to undertake a junior role within our Operations or Chartering department, or another relevant department, depending upon the company’s needs at the time as well combined with your performance, personal abilities and preferences.
- To fill this position, we are seeking an individual with a passion for shipping that is highly motivated and has strong commercial acumen. Interested individuals may apply for the Commercial Shipping Trainee Program if you fulfill the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in any shipping related discipline. Previous working experience is not required, and where such experience exists should be no more than two years.
- Very good quantitative skills.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written.
- A positive attitude and professional demeanor, coupled with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The final deadline for applications is August 7. Applications received after this date will not be reviewed.
- The position is based at the company’s headquarters, in Athens (Vouliagmeni) Greece.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.