OPAP is recruiting a C/C++ Developer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- The C/C++ Developer will be a member of an agile software development team responsible for designing, implementing and supporting full blown software solutions in an extensive portfolio of existing software products.
The right incumbent must be a forward-thinking individual, who will thrive in a highly collaborative environment, can deliver results under tight schedules and appreciates a start-up culture while being part of a large group of companies.
- Designs, builds and maintains efficient, reusable and reliable C/C++ code.
- Modifies existing C/C++ source in order to realize change requests, R&D and/or bug fixes.
- Executes rigorous unit tests on new code and code changes in accordance with specified test plans.
- Clearly and concisely documents code additions and changes, test procedures and results and all other work.
- Performs sustained engineering of existing applications, as required, including issue triage and defect assessment.
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science/Information Technology.
- 5+ years of experience in building high volume, high availability distributed systems and multithreaded programming.
- Profound C/C++ knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of the standard libraries, STL containers and algorithms.
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices, including design patterns and UML.
- Experience with the implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Good knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in Linux shell scripting.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology.
- Knowledge of .NET Framework and C# will be considered as big plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective organizational skills; ability to work within strict timeframes.
- Attention to detail.
- Team spirit attitude and flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent use of Greek and English languages (oral and written).
- Completed military obligations (for male candidates).
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.