Backend Java Developers (All Levels)
Atypon is recruiting a Backend Java Developers (All Levels),
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Atypon helps online publishers deliver mission-critical content to practitioners and researchers in every field.
Here at Atypon, we are passionate about technology: not software for software’s sake, but tools that further the pursuit and distribution of knowledge. Atypon develops software that lets publishers manage, market, and monetize any type of content.
Today Atypon has over 200 clients, including some of the world’s largest publishers; several date back to our first years in business. Literatum is home to nearly 100,000 individual publications, 919 publication websites, 45% of the world’s peer-reviewed English-language research journals—and publications in over a dozen other languages. The platform logs more than 3 billion user sessions annually.
- We are looking for talented and self-directed engineers to expand our Athens engineering team in the areas of:
- Backend (Content Management - CMS).
- Search and Discovery (Search Engines, Machine Learning).
- Senior-level engineers preferred but all levels may apply.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and oral).
- Solid background in Computer Science with good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Java programming experience.
- Object-oriented software analysis & design.
- Relational databases and SQL.
- MS/PhD degree in a related field.
- XML technologies: XPath/XQuery, Schemas.
- Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch.
- PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis.
- Kafka, Kinesis, Zookeeper.
- Hadoop, Spark.
- Python and Bash scripting.
- Spring, CDI or related IoC frameworks.
- Spring Integration, ESBs, JMS.
- Linux as a development environment.
- AWS Infrastructure and services.
- DevOps mindset.
- Git/Subversion, Maven/Ant, TeamCity/Jenkins.
- RDF, SPARQL, SKOS, RDFS, OWL.
- Solid understanding of how web pages/applications are delivered (HTTP, REST).
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.