Vodafone is recruiting an API Engineer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Vodafone Greece is a member of Vodafone Group Plc, one of the world’s leaders in telecommunications, with a strong presence in the country’s mobile, fixed and internet market.
At Vodafone we recognize that our business success and growth is based on our people.
We seek to attract, develop and retain the talent in HR, to ensure unceasing achievement of business objectives and priorities. Our goal is to be perceived as a team with exceptional abilities.
- Digital transformation is a journey not a one off-event. It needs to be nurtured and grown by talented people who experiment, fail fast and innovate at pace. Being part of an agile team, the API Engineer will contribute in designing and implementing Vodafone’s high volume and high impact micro services for mobile/web applications.
- Collaborate with Vodafone business and product teams to develop Vodafone’s digital initiatives.
- Contribute, as member of an agile team, in the research, analysis, design development and testing of solutions that best suit business and technology strategy.
- Collaborate with solution designers, architects and other developers to produce just enough design.
- Ensure technical integrity and quality control consistency throughout the development life-cycle.
- Participate in code reviews and shared knowledge.
- Transform functional requirements to technical user stories and assign business value.
- Collaborate with mobile and web development teams to develop features from conception to launch.
- Configure, deploy and maintain application servers to satisfy development needs.
- Partner with vendors and technology teams in order to produce solid and state of the art deliverables.
- Help in removing technical impediments raised by team(s).
- Communicate with project teams throughout all project stages.
- Computer Science or Engineering background.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in design and develop APIs using the following technologies:
- Java, J2EE and Object Oriented programming
- Microservices in Spring Boot
- SOAP, WSDL, Restful Web Services
- Mongo DB.
- Knowledge of automation tools (Docker, Kubernetes), Apigee Edge and AWS cloud environment is a big plus.
- Working experience in system integrations and API specification.
- Knowledge of SOA, system architecture, system sizing and/or J2EE components.
- Knowledge of Caching Techniques.
- Ability to learn and adapt technology to develop solid client solutions.
- Working experience in agile environments/teams will be highly appreciated.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast moving, multi-project team environment.
- Clear and effective communication skills in English (written and verbal).
- Self-motivated and self-managing with strong interpersonal skills.
- Open source contributing will be considered a plus.
- Fulfilled military services (for male candidates).
- Competitive salary.
- Private Health & Medical Insurance.
- Smart Working – 1-day / week work from home.
- Extra days-off: We love mothers – 4 months extra paid off-period!
- Gym, Sports, Excursion weekends & Special events.
- Restaurant, entertainment areas, hairdresser, etc.
- Needless to say, we cater for your communication wherever you are.
- Come as you are. We love when people feel they can be themselves at work.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.