Blueground is recruiting an Accounting Associate, to be
based in Athens, Greece.
- Blueground was founded in April 2013 in Athens, Greece, as a result of our CEO and co-founder's experience as a business consultant and traveler. Currently active in nine markets across the globe - including six cities in the US - Blueground seeks to solve a lot of the hassles Alex experienced first-hand, as both a frequent business traveler and expat. Chief among them: how we can give people a place that feels like home and help them start living from day one.
- We are looking for an ambitious Accounting Associate based in Athens, to provide support to the Accounting department of Blueground US by managing daily accounting tasks. The Accounting Associate will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency of the company’s finances. By contributing to the overall efficient operation of the department and by helping the company be fully aware of its financial condition, this role can help the company make the right decisions and accomplish long term success. The ideal candidate should be able to work comfortably with numbers and have great attention to detail.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Update accounts receivable, A/R master data, and issue invoices.
- Update accounts payable, A/P master data, and perform reconciliations.
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, deferral, and accrual entries.
- Update financial data and schedules to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
- Assist Senior or Management in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
- Assist with other accounting projects and/or ad hoc projects.
- BSc or Ba in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience in a similar position within an accounting firm or in house accounting department.
- English Fluent.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Familiarity with Navision 365 Accounting Software will be considered as a plus.
- Keen interest for accounting and financial reporting principles (U.S. GAAP) and practices.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Enhanced parental leave.
- Dynamic working environment with talented people.
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in LA and winter in Dubai!
- At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.