Upstream is recruiting an Accounting Assistant, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Upstream is a leading mobile technology company providing 1.2 billion people with affordable and secure access to digital services. Our Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users. Our security platform, Secure-D, in 2018 processed over 1.8 billion mobile transactions and blocked over 63,000 malicious apps in 16 countries. We work with over 60 mobile operators, across more than 45 high growth markets.
- We are looking for an Assistant Accountant based in Athens, who will be joined in the accounting team of Upstream and will report to the Greek Accounting Manager.
- Perform accounting entries and postings of invoices.
- Creation of Purchase and Sales orders in SAP.
- Managing company ledger.
- Support month-end and Year-end process.
- Assist with statutory and internal audits.
- Assist with ad hoc requests, as needed.
- 1- 3 years of work experience in an Accounting Department or an Audit Firm; ERP experience preferred.
- Knowledge of IFRS would be a definite plus.
- Experience gained in SAP environment would be considered an asset.
- Strong academic background from top-tier school at post-graduate level, and/or ACCA Training, would be considered a plus.
- Excellent use of MS Office, especially in using advanced Excel.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written.
- International perspective and culture.
- Attention to detail, and high accuracy are critical.
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking, innovation and time dedication.
- We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
- 9 months contract.
- Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.